Carnitine has a very important role within the organism; it is required for transporting fatty acids towards the mitochondrion (cellular energy factory) during their decomposition. Carnitine as a supplement enables the increase of glucose oxidation and the reduction of insulin resistance, thus allowing for better control of glycemia, facilitating the loss of adipose mass.
The quantity of available carnitine in the human body is a limiting factor in regards to fatty acid oxidation. By reducing muscular glycolysis, it allows for more glycogen to remain in the muscle for promoting fatty acid oxidation as an energy source.
Green coffee beans
The extract from the non-roasted coffee bean is very similar to the coffee bean we know. The big difference is the level of chlorogenic acid content, which is much greater in the non-roasted green bean.
Indeed, chlorogenic acid diminishes the chances of developing diabetes by increasing the transport of glucose towards muscular tissue. It also reduces glycemia on an empty stomach and favours weight loss by facilitating fatty acid oxidation.
Irvingia gabonensis (Wild mango tree) (seed)
The seed of the wild mango tree is becoming more and more popular for favoring weight loss and maintaining good health. Its effects on adiponectin and leptin are indeed very interesting. The consumption of this extract is purported to increase sensitivity to leptin as well as insulin. It allows to reduce the conversion of glucose into triglycerides by inhibiting glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (the necessary enzyme for converting glucose into triglycerides for storage in adipocytes).
A trace-element present in minute amounts with enormous benefits. This little health giant helps reduce insulin levels, positively influence carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism and increase sensitivity to insulin.
- Aids in the muscle recovery process by reducing muscle tissue damage associated with a resistance training regimen.*
- Helps support muscle tissue repair in individuals involved in resistance training.*
- Helps support fat metabolism.*
- Source of an antioxidant.*
- Workout support/supplement. Could be a complement to a healthy lifestyle that incorporates a calorie-reduced diet and regular physical activity for individuals involved in a weight management program.*
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels.*
- Helps support cardiovascular health. Provides support for healthy glucose metabolism.*
- Helps to maintain the body’s ability to metabolize nutrients.*