OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA contains highly concentrated DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) from fish oil in its natural TG (triglyceride) form. As with all Designs for Health TruTG™ fish oil products, OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA is comprised of a minimum 90% natural TG-bound omega-3 oils. Each softgel provides 500 mg DHA 110 mg EPA for optimal DHA status.
DHA is an important omega-3 fatty acid which plays an important role human physiology and is thought to have had a large impact on human evolution. DHA is not technically an essential fatty acid since the human body can synthesize very small, although insignificant, amounts of it from its short chain omega-3 precursor ALA (alpha linolenic acid). However, there is ample evidence which shows that in order to support optimal health and alleviate various pathological conditions, additional DHA along with EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) should be obtained from diet and/or nutritional supplements.
Benefits of DHA
- Anti-inflammatory – DHA is a precursor to docosanoids, which are regulating molecules produced by the COX-2 pathway that have anti-inflammatory, immune regulatory and protective actions in various inflammatory responses.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – Important for proper fetal brain development; helps reduce risk of premature births and postpartum depression
- May help alleviate specific autistic behaviors
- Helps improve adult brain function and ATP production
- Helpful adjunct during chemotherapy – enhances apoptosis of cancer cells when given with chemotherapy
- Cardiovascular benefits – helps to lower cardiovascular risk by reducing triglycerides and platelet aggregation
Consider combining OmegAvail™ Ultra DHA with Phosphatidylserine, GPC, or Brain Vitale™